Monday 27 January 2014

Living Arrows 4/52 - It's all about me!

So quite a few people have mentioned I should really get in front of the camera with my children rather than living the moment through the view finder. My mum has been nagging asking me to take a photograph of myself with the children.

I decided this week to face the fear and take a self portrait with my daughter. I wanted to capture the mummy-daughter bond in a natural image. I set the camera settings and then had fun with Missy Moo on the bed. We sang songs, tickled and cuddled...and I'm so pleased I did. I don't want my children to look back on their childhood and wonder where mummy was! So here I am, this week it's all about me (and Missy Moo!)



I will also make sure this year I do this more often. How do other photographers make sure they are with their children in the photographs? Do you set the camera to Auto and hand it over to someone else, do you only feature in phone photographs or set up tripods (this one scares me as I can see my tripod tipping over with the 2 children and dog leaping around.

living arrows

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the way this photo relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo. I don;t get in the photo with my daughter enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I'm a camera avoider, I'm afraid. Much prefer being behind one!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs