Wednesday 12 February 2014

CM Blog - Week 6 Side Light

When this weeks theme was announced I thought 'oh okay, that's easy. I often shoot with a side light at 45-90 degree angle'. This week I wanted to challenge myself. A lot of my photos are very light and bright (I often over expose) so I wanted to do something a bit more dramatic with the light. I have loved this week, even though on the final day I got a bit annoyed that it wasn't working for me! It has really made me look at the light in my house and how I can manipulate it to create a shot. Cookie wasn't the most willing model but with a few biscuits I finally managed to get her to sit! I used a dark blanket behind her, switched off all the lights and closed the blinds in the lounge except for one.
It's different for me and something I will try to perfect.

 
To have a look at some of the other side light photographs in our group follow the circle to Michele .

7 comments:

  1. Adorable pooch! Great use of lighting here. You did it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome dog! He looks like a natural model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love Cookie! I think you did a great job with the lighting here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the how the light hits him so softly! I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shadow and fall of. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you had great success. She looks so sharp and the background is perfectly black. You have her posed so beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs